Thursday, April 3, 2014

If...Then

As a parent, I make a lot of "if, then" statements to Owen.  Examples:

  • If you choose to be disobedient, you will take a time out.
  • If you watch too much TV, it's not good for your body or your mind.
  • If you scream, you will take a time out.
  • If you don't get enough sleep, you will have a hard time feeling happy and will not have enough energy to play.
  • If I don't get quiet time, I have a hard time being a nice happy mommy.
And so on, and so forth. (The actual "then" is implied).

Lately Owen has been coming up with some "if, then" statements of his own.  Some of my recent favorites:

  • If you don't give me crayons in quiet time, I will just have to draw on the walls! (This after I banned crayons during quiet time because he colored on the walls...)
  • If I don't have one of those (his dinner plate that I took to the counter to cut up the chicken on it), I will just have to eat the tableclof!
  • (At bedtime) If I don't get to finish my volleyball game tonight, I will never get to play volleyball adain!! (He can be a little dramatic...)
Sometimes I have to turn around so that he can't see me laughing; I know this is pretty serious stuff to him!

In other news, James had his 2 month appointment a couple weeks ago (how is he already almost 3 months??)  He weighed 12 lbs 2.5 oz, and was 22 3/4 in. long.



I took these pictures on a day that we had some great light in Owen's room. I tried to take some of Owen; this was the best I could get.  I feel that it captures his personality quite well. ;)



 

4 comments:

  1. Both boys are so handsome and look so personable and smart--must take after you. I love the pictures you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the cutest mom and james is soooo adorable! let's get together in ohio soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the posts and the pictures. Keep them coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katalyn! I love you and your family. They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete