I tried to start a tradition last year of having a birthday interview, and miraculously remembered on the night of Owen's birthday this year. Here's his last year interview if you'd like to compare answers. :)
Owen's 5th birthday interview1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite food? Mac'n'cheese
3. What is your favorite game? Chutes and ladders
4. What is your favorite book? Uh, I think it's The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, A Great Jedi Knight. As found here.
5. What is your favorite toy? All of the light sabers we have. Or if we had a Darth Maul light saber, it would be my favorite.
6. What is your favorite treat? I can't answer that question. (Me: What about strawberry icecream?) Oh, a strawberry milkshake.
7. What is your favorite song? Uh, I have to sing it for you or I can't explain it...*starts singing The Imperial March*
8. What is your favorite thing to learn about? Getting money for Darth Maul's light saber.
9. What is your favorite animal? I think it's an orangutan
10. What is your favorite TV show? Star Wars shows, especially ones with Anakin Skywalker.
11. What is your favorite thing to wear? My Darth Vader t-shirt (Thanks Annie!)
12. What is your favorite Holiday? My birthday is my favorite holiday. Why? Because I get presents. Oh, and Christmas...the ones where you get presents. Oh, and Easter.
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? A drummer boy in the war or a fighter in the war.
14. If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? Go and attack them. Or maybe pull them away from James and close where he was, and block the door so someone being mean to him couldn't get in.
15. Who is your best friend? There are 2 people. Jackson (Rife) is one and Andrew Giles is the other.
16. What is something you want to learn to do this year? Light saber fight.
17. What is something that you are really good at? I think I'm really good at Star Wars.
18. If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? A Darth Maul saber.
19. If you were an animal, what would you be? I think I would be Jabba's pet if I were an animal.
20. What do you want someone to invent? A real light saber..
21. If you could have a magic power, what would it be? To fly with wings.
22. How many kids do you want to have when you grow up? 65
23. What kind of house would you like to live in? A light saber house, painted light sabers all over it and brown.
24. Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? You.
25. Where do you want to go on your mission? To Hoth. (Me: Owen that is not a real place!! What real place?) The African Savannah
26. What's your favorite scripture story? Samuel the Lamanite.
Also for his birthday I asked him what kind of cake he would like. First he said a strawberry cake like last year. (I made the Pioneer Woman's Strawberry Shortcake Cake. It's delicious.) A few days later he stipulated that he would also like it to be Star Wars (surprise!) with Luke and Darth Vader light saber battling, and red and black. Ummmm.......what?
I was pretty stumped. I didn't consider the fact that he might want a themed cake...I usually just like to eat yummy regular cake on a birthday. Also, black frosting and red frosting are gross. That's what I told Owen eventually, "Sorry, I can't do that because black frosting and red frosting taste really yucky." (Whew, bullet dodged!) Then Owen counters with, "Okay Mom, I'll give you your options. You can make a Star Wars cake or a tortuga cake. Okay?" (The tortuga is a giant flying turtle ship from the show Wild Kratts (teaches all about animals and their, "creature powers"). Here's a picture
I decided that was doable. So I made my first attempts at a themed cake. I was pretty proud of the results. I made a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting instead of the strawberry cake. Owen didn't seem to mind.