Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Edmonds Farmer's Market in June

June was Casey's month off after taking his first major national standardized test of medical school (also known as Step 1).  We went and visited family in Seattle, my grandparents in Goldendale, and eventually made our way to Utah.  From there we made the long journey home, driving from Utah to Columbus, with a quick stop in Nauvoo on the way.  It was a bit of a whirlwind trip, and I will admit I felt quite miserable for much of it (due to first trimester "morning" sickness) (On a rather unrelated note...who decided to call it morning sickness?  I have yet to meet someone that is only sick in the mornings when pregnant); however, it was still a fun trip, and we made some great memories.  One in particular is the Edmonds farmer's market.  It's usually in season when we're visiting Casey's parents, and we usually try to make it at least once.

I love farmer's markets.  I love the colors, and the fresh food, the odd mix of people you see there, and the musicians on the corners.  (Owen especially loves the musicians.  He was quite enthralled by one guitarist in particular.)  Here's my attempt to document the things I love about farmer's markets:







No comments:

Post a Comment