Friday, May 25, 2012

Attempts at awesomeness

As the mother of a toddler (how did I get to be the mother of a toddler?!) I've realized that my parenting needs to be more...conscious.  Gone are the days when I can be without a plan, because when I am without a plan boredom, and therefore crying, ensues.  I decided on a particularly difficult day that I need to plan at least one fun thing to do each day, preferably something that stimulates Owen and helps him to learn.  While some days are more successful than others, here's one activity I think Owen really enjoyed.

Edible homemade finger paint! Recipe here.  (Next time I won't use glass jars.  Owen really like to pick them up and place them forcefully back down on our tile floors.  Kind of scary.)

The process.  
He didn't quite know what to do at first, but after some demonstrating he really got into it.

The cleanup.
Probably his favorite part.  He really enjoyed sitting in the sink playing with the water.  (Maybe we need a water play day soon.)


The finished product.

4 comments:

  1. oh my, he's gotten so ... grown up! seriously, when did our kids become toddlers??? and that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I should just send my kids to your house when they get bored, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! And fun little art project to keep, if you wanted to. Definitely keeping this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a little artist! go owen! and go you for being such a cool mom!

    ReplyDelete