Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Okay, so this actually happened on Saturday, so the title isn't exactly accurate, but I couldn't resist a cheesy title for this post. (Especially since the pictures we took are equally cheesy.)

It all started about two weeks ago when we realized that Casey's hair was getting quite long, and that he should probably get it cut SOON! Well, it didn't happen soon because none of Casey's friends who know how to cut hair had much time to do it. I'd never cut hair before, so both of us were a little reluctant to have me give it a go, but after a few weeks, with Casey's hair growing all the while, we decided that I was pretty much our only hope. We got some clippers, had Andrea Taylor (a friend of ours) give me some tips, and off we went on my learning to cut hair, "baptism by fire", adventure! (We also only had a half hour because we had the adult session of Stake Conference at 4:30. Yikes!) I must admit, after I finished Casey had to do a little bit of fixing on one side, but other than that I feel it went well. Here are the results:


Here's the pile of his hair that we swept up. As you can see, the haircut was much-needed.

Modeling the new 'do. Yep.


The proud stylist with her first client. Pretty exciting.

So there you have it. The moral of the story is that, when faced with challenges, we are all much more capable of facing them than we may have known. And good news, we were only five minutes late to Stake Conference! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Katalyn-
    You are such a talent. A star even.
    That is all.
    Love,
    Your sister Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did pretty good! Seth's mom cuts his hair... I'm pretty domestic and cook every night and stuff... but I can't cut hair with only one eye that works correctly!

    ReplyDelete